Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Marek Miglinski <mm...@seven.com> on 2012/02/21 10:58:29 UTC

Two input paths one of which is null

Hello,

So I have a two paths Mapreduce job with input of:
/tmp/2012/2/19/input
/tmp/2012/2/20/input

One of those paths might be null, but other one is there... I need to process those inputs and get a result from what there is, mapred throws Exception "InvalidInputException: Input Pattern 'bla/bla/myPath' matches 0 files" when one of the input is null, I need this Exception only in the way when all paths are null, not one, is there a way to bypass this exception?

Thanks,
Marek M.