Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com> on 2004/03/12 16:15:43 UTC

Problem with build of jakarta-slide

Hi Adam,

can you check whether gumpy *syncs* properly on lsd.

Stefan http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.devel/28636 wrote
that Slide should build.
I have seen that jakarta-slide/build.xml and
jakarta-slide/testsuite/build.xml have been synced from CVS last night.
Can you check whether the files have been copied afterwards from
/data3/gump/cvs/jakarta-slide to /data3/gump/jakarta-slide ?

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: Problem with build of jakarta-slide

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>Hmm, maybe the issue was that the dodgy characters in log4j-test were
>killing the forrest, so the pages were stale. I hand ran the forrest about
>the time you sent this, and right now it shows success (with a duration of
>1).
>
>    http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-slide/jakarta-slide.html

:-)
Good that you found that out. I was wondering whether we had problems in
the sync of Gumpy,
or ant problems, ...  I would have suspected the whole world :-(

>Still, what you are asking is interesting, it is interesting to see the
>things that a build does, that vary from CVS|SVN. I wonder if we ought
>allways do such a diff -r, for curiosity reasons:

A cleanup of the CVS/svn subdirs in the different project directories on
lsd would make sense.

(Because now we have stale, misleading CVS/Entries  files in the CVS
subdirs of the projects dirs.)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
Hmm, maybe the issue was that the dodgy characters in log4j-test were
killing the forrest, so the pages were stale. I hand ran the forrest about
the time you sent this, and right now it shows success (with a duration of
1).

    http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-slide/jakarta-slide.html

Still, what you are asking is interesting, it is interesting to see the
things that a build does, that vary from CVS|SVN. I wonder if we ought
allways do such a diff -r, for curiosity reasons:

> Can you check whether the files have been copied afterwards from
> /data3/gump/cvs/jakarta-slide to /data3/gump/jakarta-slide

[ajack@lsd ajack]$ diff -r /data3/gump/cvs/jakarta-slide
/data3/gump/jakarta-slide
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide: build
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide: dist

diff -r /data3/gump/cvs/jakarta-slide/testsuite/CVS/Entries
/data3/gump/jakarta-slide/testsuite/CVS/Entries
9c9
< /build.xml/1.25/Fri Mar 12 01:18:55 2004//
---
> /build.xml/1.23/Thu Mar 11 01:21:12 2004//
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide/testsuite: dist
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide/testsuite/lib: commons-httpclient.jar
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide/testsuite/lib:
jakarta-slide-webdavlib-20040312.jar
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide/testsuite/lib: jdom.jar
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide/testsuite/lib: tprocessor.jar
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide/testsuite/testsuite/junit: debug
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide/webdavclient: build
Only in /data3/gump/jakarta-slide/webdavclient: dist
[ajack@lsd ajack]$

Re: Problem with build of jakarta-slide

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>can you check whether gumpy *syncs* properly on lsd.
>>

>You don't have unfailing confidence in your code? ;-)

No, unfortunately, I do not have unfailing confidence in my code. :-(

>Actually, I might have busted it w/ that skip directories like .svn|CVS that
>I added yesterday.

Don't know.

Re: Problem with build of jakarta-slide

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> can you check whether gumpy *syncs* properly on lsd.

You don't have unfailing confidence in your code? ;-)

Actually, I might have busted it w/ that skip directories like .svn|CVS that
I added yesterday.

> Stefan http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.devel/28636 wrote
> that Slide should build.
> I have seen that jakarta-slide/build.xml and
> jakarta-slide/testsuite/build.xml have been synced from CVS last night.
> Can you check whether the files have been copied afterwards from
> /data3/gump/cvs/jakarta-slide to /data3/gump/jakarta-slide ?

Sure, will do. I'l ldo a dircmp.

regards

Adam

Re: Problem with build of jakarta-slide