Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Nitin Shah <ns...@btisystems.com> on 2012/05/02 15:48:04 UTC

Having trouble building the latest Download

Hi,

I am new to the mailing list, so please bear with me. I downloaded the latest C++ client and Broker  tar.gz file and have tried to build it on a 64 bit CentOS 6.2 distribution. I am having trouble with being unable to get a heard file called uuid/uuid.h. All the searches have suggested that I install xfsprogs-devel rpm. I have  that installed but there is no /usr/include/uuid directory or the file that I want. Can you help so I can actually get this built and then would be able to use it.

The version I have downloaded is
qpid-cpp-0.14.tar.gz<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/qpid/0.14/qpid-cpp-0.14.tar.gz>

Thanks
Nitin

[cid:image001.png@01CD2847.CB090F10]

Re: Having trouble building the latest Download

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/02/2012 02:48 PM, Nitin Shah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to the mailing list, so please bear with me. I downloaded the
> latest C++ client and Broker tar.gz file and have tried to build it on a
> 64 bit CentOS 6.2 distribution. I am having trouble with being unable to
> get a heard file called uuid/uuid.h. All the searches have suggested
> that I install xfsprogs-devel rpm. I have that installed but there is no
> /usr/include/uuid directory or the file that I want. Can you help so I
> can actually get this built and then would be able to use it.

Try installing libuuid-devel