Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> on 2007/04/21 09:53:29 UTC

waitFlush and waitSearcher

Hello,

I'm investigating procedures in Solr when Solr gets
commit/optimize command for my customer.

I think I can understand the role of waitSearcher flag,
but I cannot understand waitFlush flag.
Solr wiki says:

waitFlush = "true" | "false" ― default is true ― block until index
changes are flushed to disk

I understand this explanation, but I couldn't see the code snippet for this
at XmlUpdateRequestHandler and DirectUpdateHandler2.
In other words, I cannot see any difference between:

<commit waitFlush="false" waitSearcher="false"/>

and

<commit waitFlush="true" waitSearcher="false"/>

Maybe I'm wrong. I appreciate it if someone could give me a right direction.
We use trunk version.

Thanks in advance,

Koji

Re: waitFlush and waitSearcher

Posted by rulinma <ru...@gmail.com>.
mark

Re: waitFlush and waitSearcher

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 4/21/07, Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> In other words, I cannot see any difference between:
> <commit waitFlush="false" waitSearcher="false"/>
> and
> <commit waitFlush="true" waitSearcher="false"/>

Yes, it looks like there is no difference... the code to make commit
totally asynchronous was never put in (so you can't really get commit
to return instantly, it will always wait until the IndexWriter is closed).

-Yonik