Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by nocturnal <no...@swehack.se> on 2006/10/20 10:54:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems using RewriteRules in .htaccess

Hi

I've used mod_rewrite in my vhost before but now i need to move the
rules into a .htaccess file so i read the 2.2 manual and took the
following steps. Made sure FollowSymLinks was in Options in the vhost,
made sure i had AllowOverride FileInfo and then i simply placed
RewriteEngine on and my RewriteRules in my .htaccess files. I got no 500
errors as you do when the .htaccess file is wrong but the rules simply
refused to work. I find no errors at all in error_log that tell me why
the rules are not working. They worked just fine when i had them in my
vhost.

What steps have i missed?

This is everything i have in one of the .htaccess files i'm trying to
get working.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/([A-Za-z\-\_]+)$   /podwiki.pl?page=$1  [PT]
--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal
[Swehack] http://swehack.se

Re: [users@httpd] Problems using RewriteRules in .htaccess

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 10/20/06, nocturnal <no...@swehack.se> wrote:
> What steps have i missed?
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule ^/([A-Za-z\-\_]+)$   /podwiki.pl?page=$1  [PT]

Hi,
In .htaccess files the base uri is stripped. In this case that means
you should remove the leading '/'. (Also, your backslashes are
redundant and so are the ^$ anchors. I've left the latter in to
demonstrate the point about stripping the base uri).

RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z-_]+)$   /podwiki.pl?page=$1  [PT]

--
noodl