Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Christophe Warland <cw...@ficsgrp.com> on 1999/02/22 20:55:35 UTC

mod_jserv/3943: Zone Repositories must be on the same Windows drive than JServ

>Number:         3943
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Zone Repositories must be on the same Windows drive than JServ
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
In my installation, JServ (+jserv.properties) and Apache are on drive C:\, but
my "my_zone.properties" files and their related "Repositories" are on D:\
(whish I share with Linux).

JServ succeeds to load the "my_zone.properties" files , but fails to access the
Repositories, pretending they don't exist.

>How-To-Repeat:
Simply add a new zone that has a repository on another drive.
For example, edit C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache JServ\conf\jserv.properties
so that the line:
 zone=root
becomes
 zone=root,test

and add
test.properties=C:\test.properties

then in C:\test.properties, type:
repositories=D:\servlets

Then make sure you have a directory called "servlets" on your D drive, and
restart Apache.
Look in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\log\error.log for error info.

>Fix:

By editing org.apache.java.lang.AdaptiveClassLoader so that it doesn't check
anymore "file.exists()", the problem was solved on my intall.

My solution was to comment the conditionnal block from line 215 to 217.

IMHO, this looks like a SUN JDK bug. Maybe we'll have to live with it.

Cheers,

Christophe.