Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Josh Wills <jw...@apache.org> on 2013/12/12 09:58:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.8.2 RC0

Hello,

This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
Crunch 0.8.2.

This release contains all of the fixes for the 0.9.0 release with the
exception of the upgrade to Hadoop 2.2.0 and HBase 0.96 in CRUNCH-308. We
will continue the 0.8.x releases for users of HBase 0.94.x for the
foreseeable future. I'm going to follow this vote up with another vote for
a Crunch 0.9.0 release, which will be the first one to support Hadoop 2.2.0
and HBase 0.96, the new mainline versions of each project.

Release artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~jwills/crunch-0.8.2-RC0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrunch-048/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=crunch.git;a=tag;h=4e55cdf758a3a08a82576a88529f313e7c61595c

Crunch's KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/crunch/KEYS

Thanks,
Josh

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.8.2 RC0

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release.

I verified the signatures, verified contents of tar.gz distributions
vs zip distributions, sucessfully ran full unit and integration tests,
and compared the source distribution to the git tagged version.

- Gabriel

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.