Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Markus Ecker <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/01 15:05:51 UTC

PDFBox standard fonts search path

Hi,

I am using Apache PDFBox to render thumbnails of PDF documents on heroku. The
PDFs I use to test my code render fine locally on a Mac, on Heroku certain
fonts don't render.

I suspect that PDFBox can't find the 14 standard fonts on heroku. I could
include them in my app, but I can't figure out how to tell PDFBox where to
search for the fonts.

How can I specify where I put the fonts in my application ?

Thank you,

Markus Ecker

RE: PDFBox standard fonts search path

Posted by Verlene Bonham <VB...@lifetouch.com>.
Hi,
Am having trouble with fonts also and was sent this location from another user:
	// font location: org/apache/pdfbox/resources/PDFBox_External_Fonts.properties
This should have been loaded when you installed.
Maybe you also need to reinstall?
hope this helps.
Verlene

Am 01.09.2012 15:05, schrieb Markus Ecker:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Apache PDFBox to render thumbnails of PDF documents on
> heroku. The PDFs I use to test my code render fine locally on a Mac,
> on Heroku certain fonts don't render.
>
> I suspect that PDFBox can't find the 14 standard fonts on heroku. I
> could include them in my app, but I can't figure out how to tell
> PDFBox where to search for the fonts.
The 14 standard fonts are part of the JDK. Maybe there are some other fonts missing. Many headless environments like servers or clouds don't install fonmts by default. Did you you install some?

> How can I specify where I put the fonts in my application ?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Markus Ecker

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: PDFBox standard fonts search path

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 01.09.2012 15:05, schrieb Markus Ecker:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Apache PDFBox to render thumbnails of PDF documents on heroku. The
> PDFs I use to test my code render fine locally on a Mac, on Heroku certain
> fonts don't render.
>
> I suspect that PDFBox can't find the 14 standard fonts on heroku. I could
> include them in my app, but I can't figure out how to tell PDFBox where to
> search for the fonts.
The 14 standard fonts are part of the JDK. Maybe there are some other fonts
missing. Many headless environments like servers or clouds don't install fonmts
by default. Did you you install some?

> How can I specify where I put the fonts in my application ?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Markus Ecker

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler