Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/05 13:34:57 UTC

[collections] finalizing 4.3 release

Hello All,

I'm planning to finalize the release

I have couple of questions:
Current dist/release contains
1) binaries for 3.2.2 and 4.2
2) RELEASE-NOTES.txt for 3.2.2 + 4.1 + 4.2

I plan to move 4.3 binaries to dist/release, wait 24 hours then drop 4.2
Is it OK? shall I also drop 3.2.2 binaries?

Shall I add 4.3 RELEASE-NOTES on top of currebt release notes? Or
maybe it can be just replaced?

Do you have any instruction how to update the site?

Thanks in advance

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [collections] finalizing 4.3 release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Would it be enough to add following text to RELEASE-NOTES.txt? Or proof
links also need to be added?

Please NOTE: Clirr errors reported for this release are false positive,
this is prooved by Japicmp report
And manual testing.

And, I guess, same text should be added to release_4_3.html ?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
The site is not yet updated

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Release notes[1] refer to [Pool]:
---CUT---
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-collections/download_pool.cgi
---CUT---

[And there is no mention of the Clirr issue...]

Gilles

[1]  https://archive.apache.org/dist/commons/collections/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Re: [collections] finalizing 4.3 release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gary,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
The site is updated