Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Evan Sulprizio <su...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/17 23:44:18 UTC

Nifi Installation Troubles

Hi Nifi Team,

I've been attempting to install the Apache Nifi system for the better part
of the day to no avail.

I installed it using brew with the following command on my Ubuntu virtual
machine:

brew install nifi

After the installation, I ran nifi start, which appeared successful but
didn't directly indicate so. Running nifi status gave me:

2018-06-17 16:39:45,534 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command
Apache NiFi is currently running, listening to Bootstrap on port 45631,
PID=unknown

Seems like it is running and should be accessible (although not sure why
PID is unknown). However, http://domain:8080/nifi returns connection
refused (I've confirmed port 8080 is accessible on my server).

I did find this in the error log but have no idea what it means:

java.util.ServiceConfigurationError:
org.apache.nifi.authorization.UserGroupProvider:
org.apache.nifi.authorization.FileUserGroupProvider Unable to get public
no-arg constructor

I also saw with certain installations you are supposed to verify the files
using GPG or PGP. I did not take this step, but in the guide, it doesn't
explicit state you do this when using brew. I must say the guide is quite
vague.

Could anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong or where my thinking
is incorrect? Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thank you,
Evan

Re: Nifi Installation Troubles

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
Evan,

It looks like you're trying to run NiFi on Java 9, and as Mike pointed out,
you'll want to make sure you're using Java 1.8 with the version in Brew,
though I'm not sure which version is on Brew.  I didn't know it was in
there, either. :) When NiFi 1.7.0 is released (with NIFI-5175 [1]), it
should run on Java 9+.

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.