Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Bernardo <be...@ccs.neu.edu> on 2000/01/20 22:32:28 UTC

tomcat's implementation of cookies

How does tomcat figure out the machine name to use when sending the
session cookie to the client?

We have an internal development machine that is not listed with DNS that
we've manually entered a name for in /etc/hosts on all our internal
machines.

Sometimes, we need to demo a site on this machine to the outside world by
just giving out the ip address.

The problem is, when a user is accessing the site using just the ip,
tomcat encodes the cookie with the machine's hostname, which causes
subsequent session variable lookups to fail.

Any ideas?

	-Mike