Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by testanier thierry <th...@chi-elbeuf-louviers.fr> on 2021/12/09 11:03:06 UTC

Protocol WEB on Guacamole

Hello,

Is it possible to publish web page directly with guacamole ?

For example :

I have a  UserA with 3 connections :

-       1 RDP on Server 2019

-       1 SSH on RHEL

-       1 "WEB" on HTTP://InternalServer:88/BestApplication.html

I want to use the guacamole interface for all external acces on my IT system. RDP and SSH are very good but if it's possible to add "WEB" ... Guacamole will be Perfect solution :)

Thierry TESTANIER

Re: Protocol WEB on Guacamole

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 06:03 testanier thierry <
thierry.testanier@chi-elbeuf-louviers.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Is it possible to publish web page directly with guacamole ?

No. Guacamole currently only supports Kubernetes, RDP, SSH, Telnet, and
VNC. Many people have asked about adding support for HTTP(S), but, so far
we have decided to stick to remote access protocols and have decided not to
implement this protocol within Guacamole.

There are a few ways you can still implement this using the existing
protocols in Guacamole:
* Set up a RDP server with RemoteApp support and a browser that opens,
either to a specific web page or that allows users to enter their own web
page.
* Set up a Linux-based RDP server with a light-weight window manager that
opens a browser. I've used this recently to support access to Flash-based
management consoles that don't work with current browsers.
* Set up a VNC server that launches a web browser to access a particular
URL.

-Nick