Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de> on 2015/11/26 14:26:44 UTC

OT: is Heliosearch discontinued?

It is always interesting to see what other Search Engines are doing.
So I just wanted to have a look at Heliosearch (http://heliosearch.org/)
but nothing showed up.

Is Heliosearch discontinued or only a hiccup in the internet?

Bernd

Re: OT: is Heliosearch discontinued?

Posted by "Jürgen Wagner (DVT)" <ju...@devoteam.com>.
https://github.com/Heliosearch/heliosearch

Last committment a year ago... that tells me something :-)
heliosearch.com and heliosearch.org go to standard GoDaddy pages.

Heliosearch was a fork that has apparently been dormant for a year already.

Cheers,
--Jürgen

Posted by tedsolr <ts...@sciquest.com>.
That's fantastic! Thanks Joel

Re: OT: is Heliosearch discontinued?

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
You can actually find those old articles on https://archive.org/web/. I
haven't gone back and collected the writings to repost.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Posted by tedsolr <ts...@sciquest.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
It is discontinued and most of the features had been rolled into Solr.

So, if you did not pay attention to changes in various Solr 5.x
releases, some innocent sounding features are actually giant drops
from the Heliosearch period. :-)
----
http://www.solr-start.com/