Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ratul Sharker <sh...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/22 11:12:49 UTC

Support for converting string to snake case.

Hi There,

Good evening. Lately I was in need of an operation to convert a camel case
string into a snake case string. Searching in google forwarded me to
"org.apache.commons.text.CaseUtils" which has `toCamelCase(...)`.

I want to contribute my implementation of `toSnakeCase(...)` similar to
`toCamelCase(...)`. Does this add any value in `CaseUtils` ?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
Ratul Sharker

Re: Support for converting string to snake case.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hard to say without seeing a PR. I expect that the code would support
generating foo_bar (for variables) as well as FOO_BAR (for constants).

Gary

Gary