Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jorge Luiz Correa <jo...@embrapa.br.INVALID> on 2022/10/04 12:39:09 UTC

How to dedicate host or cluster to projects?

Looking at documentation I can't find a way to dedicate a host or cluster
to a project.

Is there some way to do that today?

Cloudstack intends to make it possible some day?

Each project creates an account and we can dedicate hosts and clusters to
accounts. So, it looks like to be the same thing, right?

Thank you!

--
Jorge Luiz Corrêa
Embrapa Agricultura Digital

echo "CkpvcmdlIEx1aXogQ29ycmVhCkFu
YWxpc3RhIGRlIFJlZGVzIGUgU2VndXJhbm
NhCkVtYnJhcGEgQWdyaWN1bHR1cmEgRGln
aXRhbCAtIE5USQpBdi4gQW5kcmUgVG9zZW
xsbywgMjA5IChCYXJhbyBHZXJhbGRvKQpD
RVAgMTMwODMtODg2IC0gQ2FtcGluYXMsIF
NQClRlbGVmb25lOiAoMTkpIDMyMTEtNTg4
Mgpqb3JnZS5sLmNvcnJlYUBlbWJyYXBhLm
JyCgo="|base64 -d

--
__________________________
Aviso de confidencialidade

Esta mensagem da
Empresa  Brasileira de Pesquisa  Agropecuaria (Embrapa), empresa publica
federal  regida pelo disposto  na Lei Federal no. 5.851,  de 7 de dezembro
de 1972,  e  enviada exclusivamente  a seu destinatario e pode conter
informacoes  confidenciais, protegidas  por sigilo profissional.  Sua
utilizacao desautorizada  e ilegal e  sujeita o infrator as penas da lei.
Se voce  a recebeu indevidamente, queira, por gentileza, reenvia-la ao
emitente, esclarecendo o equivoco.

Confidentiality note

This message from
Empresa  Brasileira de Pesquisa  Agropecuaria (Embrapa), a government
company  established under  Brazilian law (5.851/72), is directed
exclusively to  its addressee  and may contain confidential data,
protected under  professional secrecy  rules. Its unauthorized  use is
illegal and  may subject the transgressor to the law's penalties. If you
are not the addressee, please send it back, elucidating the failure.

Re: How to dedicate host or cluster to projects?

Posted by Jorge Luiz Correa <jo...@embrapa.br.INVALID>.
Hi Daniel, thank you so much for the answer and tests!

So I leave here the question for developers if this option can be used in
that way or if it's not recommended.

dedicateHost
dedicateCluster
dedicateZone
dedicatePod

All these APIs receive "account - the name of the account which needs
dedication. Must be used with domainId" as parameter. What are implications
of use PrjAcct-* as one account?

Thanks!

--

Posted by Daniel Augusto Veronezi Salvador <dv...@gmail.com>.