Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/06 10:27:20 UTC

Assembling a page from custom components

Hi guys;

I am trying to assemble a page using components. I am confused by the
options provided in various tutorials/book on the internet. I would
specifically like some information on how and where to use the following.

1. t:border and t:body
2. t:container
3. can i nest borders together?

 Gathering bits of information here and there is not helping me get the
bigger picture and understand the semantics.

Re: Assembling a page from custom components

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 08:23:53 -0200, Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Is t:container a special tapestry component?

No. Tapestry treats some tags specially (<t:body>, <t:container>, etc),
but anything else is treated as a component name. Tapestry treats every
component the same way, making no distiction between the
framework-provided ones and the one provided by you, other libraries, etc.

By the way, I prefer and recommend the <table t:type="Grid"> syntax
instead of the <t:grid> one. the table tag and the Grid component are just
examples. It could be any tag and any component.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Assembling a page from custom components

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Is t:container a special tapestry component?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> Hi guys;

Hi!