Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Tim Morrow 2 <ti...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/06 17:59:24 UTC

Maven build doesn't fail even when maven plugin fails to start broker

If the maven plugin fails to start the broker for whatever reason (e.g. there
is already a process listening on the broker port) the error is logged but
the maven build proceeds.  I would have expected the maven build to error
out.

It would appear that this is because the class that the plugin invokes
(org.apache.activemq.console.Main) sucks up all throwables.

Its not a huge deal but I'd be interested if anyone has a simple way to
detect the broker startup failure.

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Maven build doesn't fail even when maven plugin fails to start broker

Posted by Tim Morrow 2 <ti...@gmail.com>.
I created an issue: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1224

No patch this time :(

Tim