Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com> on 2021/02/25 13:41:04 UTC

Default value of lexer/seeder in RutaEngine

Hi,

I am thinking about changing the default value of the seeder parameter
in the RutaEngine from DefaultSeeder to TextSeeder. I think TextSeeder
(no MARKUP annotations) is a better default value in most use cases.

Are there opinions on that?

Best,

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Klügl
Head of Text Mining/Machine Learning

Averbis GmbH
Salzstr. 15
79098 Freiburg
Germany

Fon: +49 761 708 394 0
Fax: +49 761 708 394 10
Email: peter.kluegl@averbis.com
Web: https://averbis.com

Headquarters: Freiburg im Breisgau

AW: Default value of lexer/seeder in RutaEngine

Posted by Astrid Materna <as...@empolis.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Using TextSeeder as default is ok for me (and our applications). I think, it a good default for other users too.
Regards,
	Astrid Materna

I am thinking about changing the default value of the seeder parameter in the RutaEngine from DefaultSeeder to TextSeeder. I think TextSeeder (no MARKUP annotations) is a better default value in most use cases.

Are there opinions on that?

Best,

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Klügl
Head of Text Mining/Machine Learning

Averbis GmbH
Salzstr. 15
79098 Freiburg
Germany

Fon: +49 761 708 394 0
Fax: +49 761 708 394 10
Email: peter.kluegl@averbis.com
Web: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faverbis.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cb305e4866abd4d6b386408d8d99302c8%7Cf63555cfba984bed89460f63ebf1ca60%7C0%7C0%7C637498572712421288%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=1cgg6WSJ8WXJIDhImKoVCelq1rVAksp6Y0sRfLMLPGY%3D&amp;reserved=0

Headquarters: Freiburg im Breisgau
Register Court: Amtsgericht Freiburg im Breisgau, HRB 701080 Managing Directors: Dr. med. Philipp Daumke, Dr. Kornél Markó

Re: Default value of lexer/seeder in RutaEngine

Posted by Hugues de Mazancourt <hu...@mazancourt.com>.
Hi,

For simple corpus exploration, I agree that it would be a better default.
In our case, we’re using our own pipeline, to be coherent with higher-level annotations (such as POS) - nothing wrong with the Seeder

Best,

Hugues