Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by cem <ca...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/04 23:48:13 UTC

How to contribute to C*?

Hi All,

I have a implementation for range partitioning on the client side. Each
partition is a CF. It allows you to create and drop partitions.

It is very useful if you have time series or event data that you want to
store temporarily. You can use TTL for the same issue but it is not fast
enough to clean data if you have high write traffic. You can run out of
disk space. It is quite similar to range partitions in RDBMS. I used to use
it with mysql to clean disk.

I would prefer to have it on server side since it introduces too much
complexity on client side and  CF overheads.

I would like to know how to contribute to C* code base?
Am I going to open a ticket and assign to me?

Can someone provide me the path? Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Cem

Re: How to contribute to C*?

Posted by cem <ca...@gmail.com>.