Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Michael <mi...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/05 16:39:53 UTC

Question regarding saving customer information

Hey,
I'm a software engineering student and I recently had a test that included
a question about ZooKeeper.
In the question it is required to write in which type of zookeeper nodes,
information about customers is stored in the cloud.
I wrote in ephemeral type nodes, But the lecturer claims that I am wrong
and that the information is saved in persistent type nodes only.
According to my understanding, the information about the customers can be
saved in both types, I wanted to ask you  guys if i'm right? Or the
lecturer?

I would be grateful for your help.
Thanks in advance,
Michael.

Re: Question regarding saving customer information

Posted by Josef Roehrl <Jo...@fuseforward.com.INVALID>.
Hi Michael,

Turns out the Lecturer is correct.

Ephemeral nodes only store data for the duration of the client session. Once the client terminates its session, the data is lost.

Cheers,
Josef

Josef Roehrl​
FuseForward | Senior Architect - Professional Services
[https://fuseforward.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/512327681/image001.png?version=1&modificationDate=1537397840684&cacheVersion=1&api=v2]
Website<https://fuseforward.com/?utm_source=Email%20Signature&utm_medium=email%20signature&utm_campaign=email%20signature> | Newsletter<https://fuseforward.com/subscribe-to-our-newsletter/?utm_source=Email%20Signature&utm_medium=Email%20Signature&utm_campaign=Email%20Signature> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/fuseforward> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/fuseforward/?originalSubdomain=ca>