Posted to scm@geronimo.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/05/17 04:32:54 UTC

[Geronimo Wiki] Update of "Tomcat" by AnitaKulshreshtha

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Geronimo Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by AnitaKulshreshtha:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat

  = Questions =
  If anyone knows the answers to these, please update the Wiki.

-  * How is a module builder is selected when a web-app is deployed.  E.G. what happens if I have both a geronimo-jetty.xml and a geronimo-tomcat.xml file in the WEB-INF directory and both Jetty and Geronimo are configured.
+  * How is a module builder selected when a web-app is deployed? E.G. what happens if I have both a geronimo-jetty.xml and a geronimo-tomcat.xml file in the WEB-INF directory and both Jetty and Geronimo are configured?
+    A module builder is selected by uncommenting the Tomcat section in j2ee-runtime-deployer-plan.xml and commenting out Jetty section. Thus either TomcatModuleBuilder or JettyModuleBuilder gbean is created. When Tomcat is selected, it will only use geronimo-tomcat.xml file and invoke Tomcat container.

-  * What are the steps to disable Jetty and only have Tomcat.  I would imagine the majority of users would want to use one or the other, but not both.
+  * What are the steps to disable Jetty and only have Tomcat?  I would imagine the majority of users would want to use one or the other, but not both?
+     Currently it is not possible to configure Geronimo without Jetty. Some more work needs to be done before Tomcat can act as a replcement container. By default there are no port conflicts and hence both can coexist. Applications can be deployed to either of them as mentioned above.