Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Afshartous, Nick" <ni...@proactcorp.com> on 2001/11/13 17:39:06 UTC

Digester documentation

Just wanted to make a suggestion that the module dependencies for the
digester (i.e. JAXP1.1, SAX 2.0) be put in more visible places other than
the PROPOSAL.html in the source distribution.  For instance on the
web page and also in the binary distribution.

--
    Nick

Re: Digester documentation

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 11/14/01 1:15 PM, "robert burrell donkin" <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> hi jason
> i had that texen object model/digester just about working but i thought
> that you'd already finished. if you can tell me which of the dtd's you're
> interested in and what kind of mapping structure you're looking for i can
> probably create the object model and digestion for you.

Actually, the first thing I wanted to try was this:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-turbine-torque/src/rttest/bookstore-sc
hema.new?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Might be a little simpler. It has to deal with nested elements as well. I'll
be able to help on the weekend but not at the moment.

> - robert

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Re: Digester documentation

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Tuesday, November 13, 2001, at 06:13 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

<snip>

Re: Digester documentation

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 11/13/01 1:03 PM, "James Strachan" <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> From: "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com>
>> On 11/13/01 11:43 AM, "James Strachan" <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> It might be a nice idea if we use JJAR's XML document format on Jakarta
>>> Commons projects to clearly document the exact dependencies each version
> has
>>> (both released and CVS HEAD).
>>
>> -1
>>
>> The project descriptors in alexandria can be used for that.
>
> OK maybe JJAR and the alexandria projects can share the same descriptors
> then?

This is what Geir and I have been discussing for quite some time. Though I

Re: Digester documentation

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com>

Re: Digester documentation

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 11/13/01 1:24 PM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 11/13/01 1:01 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/13/01 11:43 AM, "James Strachan" <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> It might be a nice idea if we use JJAR's XML document format on Jakarta
>>> Commons projects to clearly document the exact dependencies each version has
>>> (both released and CVS HEAD).
>>
>> -1
>>
>> The project descriptors in alexandria can be used for that.
>
> As soon as they get some version information maybe...

There is version info for the couple of projects: the turbine projects have
version attributes. Sam has that information can be added to the descriptors
as long as it doesn't interfere with Gump. So basically you can add anything
you want as long as you don't change attributes or elements that Gump is
using.

Re: Digester documentation

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@yahoo.com>.
On 11/13/01 1:01 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com> wrote:

> On 11/13/01 11:43 AM, "James Strachan" <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> It might be a nice idea if we use JJAR's XML document format on Jakarta
>> Commons projects to clearly document the exact dependencies each version has
>> (both released and CVS HEAD).
>
> -1
>
> The project descriptors in alexandria can be used for that.

As soon as they get some version information maybe...

>> Then we could use XSLT or Velocity to generate the HTML documentation on the
>> web and with each release of the exact version dependencies. Plus we could
>> then use JJAR to do automated downloads of JARs too...
>>
>> James

System and Software Consulting

Re: Digester documentation

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.