Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Danny Karpati <dk...@cisco.com> on 2001/02/04 08:25:15 UTC

typedef char XMLCh

Hi,

my name is Danny Karpati i'm a s/w eng. in cisco systems.
my question is:

when i'm taking in considuration that my code is platform dependent, that
is:
i'm the supplier of the xml source file and i'm using ascii encoding on my
specific platform (linux or solaris),
can i 'typedef char XMLCh'?
is the xerces-c package is ready for working for this kind of type?

thanks in advance,
			Danny.

Re: typedef char XMLCh

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
The code was originally designed for XMLCh to be able to be either UTF-16 or
UCS-4 sizes, i.e. map to wchar_t on most platforms. But, recently it was
changed to always be UTF-16, becuause that is the format required by the
DOM. So you'd be taking your chances to change it to anything else, since
the code might not any longer be making adjustments for the XMLCh size.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com