Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marjorie L Kehoe <Ma...@rohmhaas.com> on 1997/12/12 15:22:20 UTC

Re[2]: other/1363: missing support directory binaries

The whole idea behind downloading a binary is that you don't have to compile!
The only time a C compiler would be used on that system would be to compile
apache. I don't normally have root priveliges on that particular server. I would
have had to take up more of someone else's time.

Ralf Engelschall was kind enough to email me the binary I needed.

                - marji

Subject: Re: other/1363: missing support directory binaries
Author:  coar@hyperreal.org at Internet
Date:    12/12/97 1:12 AM

Synopsis: missing support directory binaries

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: coar
State-Changed-When: Thu Dec 11 17:12:10 PST 1997
State-Changed-Why:
Is there some reason that you can't download and install
the free GNU C compiler, gcc?