Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Jun Ma <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2023/03/15 09:10:27 UTC

Implement canonical URLs in Pulsar docs for SEO

Hi, everyone,

When researching tagging metadata to Pulsar docs for SEO, I found this issue that
we don't have a strategy/implementation to always return the latest stable version
of Pulsar docs in the Google search results [1], leading to confusion and bad UX.

After searching existing issues, I found the same issue was previously reported
by @visortelle last year, and he also provided some insights and references in this
comment [2].

I think this is the biggest gap we need to fix regarding SEO. So I'm writing this email
to ask - if any SEO experts in our community know about how to implement canonical
URLs globally within the Docusaurus framework or any other alternatives? It would be
much more efficient and maintainable than configuring each markdown file.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/18190#issuecomment-1469269560
[2]: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/18190#issuecomment-1295281487

Cheers,
Jun

Re: Implement canonical URLs in Pulsar docs for SEO

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
I make a patch for adding a canonical link in the head metadata:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/481

Welcome to leave a comment.

Best,
tison.