Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@hyperreal.com> on 1995/11/29 18:41:01 UTC

Linux dbm_auth

Forwarded message:

Re: Linux dbm_auth

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
> > From nmerilai@tsac.tampere.fi  Wed Nov 29 00:38:32 1995
> >
> >   I just do not know where to find the ndbm libs for DBM user authentication.
> > I am running Linux, so I have the gdbm libs (though as mentioned, they are
> > not compatible). Could you help me out here?
> >   I succesfully compiled apache with DBM authentication, but as I linked it
> > with gdbm, the authentication does not work (Server Error).
> >   Any pointers would be appreciated.

DBM files have a sordid history.  The libraries are *not*, unfortunately,
compatible, so one can't simply drop gdbm in the place of ndbm.  You'll
have to go in to mod_auth_dbm.c, find the dbmopen calls, and modify
them.  Now, if you would like to fix it such that it's a #define -able
option, we'll add support for it in a future release of Apache.

> >   When will 1.0.0 be released?

Any second now.

	Brian