Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Hanish Bansal <ha...@impetus.co.in> on 2015/02/05 15:27:16 UTC

Plan to support hive 1.0.0

Hi all,

As hive 1.0.0 version has been released so I would like to know about the plan of upgrading hive from 0.14.0 to 1.0.0 version.

-------
Thanks & Regards,
Hanish Bansal
Software Engineer, iLabs
Impetus Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
(O) :  +91.120.4092200-2790
(M) : +91.9953399925

________________________________

Re: Plan to support hive 1.0.0

Posted by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>.
As we are working towards supporting the latest version of (stable) component release, we will be supporting 1.+ hive version on the upcoming Ranger release - 0.5.0.

Thanks,
Selva-

Re: Plan to support hive 1.0.0

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Hanish, I feel we should be supporting the latest, unless there are any API
changes, which I am assuming ³no². If you see any issues, then let me know.

But this bring up a good point. We should come with a compatible matrix for
Ranger version and the component versions it supports.

Thanks

Bosco

From:  Hanish Bansal <ha...@impetus.co.in>
Date:  Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 6:27 AM