Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2011/07/08 07:15:02 UTC

Remaining LDAP issues?

Starting a fresh thread to identify the actual issues that are blocking
the 2.3.13-beta, along with fresh checkouts and build trees...

I immediately noticed that it's confusing that --enable-authnz-ldap etc
don't work without --with-ldap.  What configuration logic could make this
all easier for users who want ldap auth?

Re: Remaining LDAP issues?

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 7/8/2011 8:48 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2011, at 1:15 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>
>> Starting a fresh thread to identify the actual issues that are blocking
>> the 2.3.13-beta, along with fresh checkouts and build trees...
>>
>> I immediately noticed that it's confusing that --enable-authnz-ldap etc
>> don't work without --with-ldap.  What configuration logic could make this
>> all easier for users who want ldap auth?
>
> Well, we kind of have the same situation with SSL, don't
> we. We use --with-ssl to point to the location of the SSL
> libs and use --enable-ssl to enable mod_ssl.

True.

I'm thinking of the generalized case where openldap (and, as you
point out, openssl) live in their usual system paths.

It seems like --enable-ssl could imply --with-ssl[noarg] and
--enable-authnz-ldap could imply --enable-ldap which could imply
--with-ldap[noarg].

It only tripped me because my old ./config never set apr flags, I had
built apr[-util] in that test framework out-of-tree.  So perhaps my
surprise would be unusual for most users.

Re: Remaining LDAP issues?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.