Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/22 11:48:22 UTC

Misleading Developer Guide for ADS 1.5

Hi guys,

I just realized that what we call Developer Guide in ADS 1.5 is really
misleading : it's pretty much an internal documentation we are using
while developping the server itself than a documentation targeting
users who want to use ADS to do unit tests or to embed the server.

I would suggest that we get all the developpement dopco into the
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Index pages, and
organized the Developer Guide differently.

WDYT ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Misleading Developer Guide for ADS 1.5

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On 10/22/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Forget about my initial mail.
>
> I could have stated that the dev guide is not exactly well organized,
> but this is our fault, so it's mine too ;)

NP I am guilty here for sure especially in the 1.5 branch.  We seriously
needs some organization.
I just wanted to make sure we documented everything about the features in
the developer doco first
then we can start some passes on cleaning it up.

Alex, you are plain right. The AUG is the place for Embedding the
> server or using it for unit test.
>
> I may have been confused by the 1.5 developper's guide page which is
> really less organized than the 1.0 one.

Yes for sure.  We just need a few cleanup passes after the actual work on
this branch
settles.  Perhaps until a feature freeze is announced (which leads to some
2.0-RCs)
cleaning up may not be so easy of beneficial.  It's like trying to cleanup
my house
when the kids are playing :).

Alex

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.