Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nguyen Manh Tien <ti...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/29 23:58:38 UTC

Pagination issue when grouping

Hello,

I group search result by a field (with high cardinality)
I paginate search page using num of groups using param group.ngroups=true.
But that cause high CPU issue. So i turn off it.

Without ngroups=true, i can't get the num of groups so pagination is not
correct because i must use numFound,

it alway miss some last pages, the reason is some results was already
collapsed into groups in previous pages.

For example, a search return 11 results, but there are 2 results belong to
1 groups, so it has 10 groups (but i don't know it in advance because i set
ngroups=false), with 11 results, pagination display 2 pages, but page 2
have 0 results.

Anyone faced similar issue and had a work around?

Thanks,
Tien

Re: Pagination issue when grouping

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Hi Tien
Consider using the export handler if you can. Then you have no paging.

When you are having a paging problem you might want to think of the use case -- how many of your users will be willing​ to page deeply? If they give up, then you have lost already.
Cheers -- Rick