Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com> on 2014/11/12 00:49:55 UTC

Client API

Hi everyone,

we have a usecase where we want to automate the client-side interaction with Aurora. We have to generate configurations and control the life-cycle of jobs (start, stop, ...). The control code is meant to be written in Python.

Is there any recommended way how to perform the interfacing out of Python?  Can we just import and use the AuroraClientAPI class, or are there any problems with this approach? I found some notes [1] warning of potential multi-threading issues.

Thanks for your input,
Stephan

[1] https://github.com/misho-kr/mesos-aurora-restful#a1-aurora-api-calls

RE: Client API

Posted by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com>.
Ok, thanks. Will give it a try.

Regards,
Stephan
What you described is indeed the best course forward today.  The warning is
sage, as much of the code has not been written with the intention of being
called from multiple threads.  I don't know that you will encounter
problems, but it's far from impossible.

-=Bill

Re: Client API

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.