Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net> on 2007/07/12 01:49:30 UTC

Axis2 - how to set ServiceClient with http basic auth

The article at http://wso2.org/library/161 seems obsolete.There is no HttpTransportProperties.BasicAuthentication in the current Axis2-1.2 codebase. Can this article be updated?

Is the basic and ntlm authentication unified so that we just need to use HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator?

Is the property name to be used HttpConstatns.AUTHENTICATE?

Thanks for any help.
Shantanu Sen

Re: Axis2 - how to set ServiceClient with http basic auth

Posted by Dimuthu <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator auth =    			new
HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator();
String username = "user";
String passwd = "pass";
auth.setUsername(username);
auth.setPassword(passwd);
// un-comment the  below line if you are sending authentication details
// without receiving 401 Authentication Required
//auth.setPreemptiveAuthentication(true);
options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.AUTHENTICATE,auth);

Regards,
Dimuthu