Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Patrick Han <pa...@sensestream.com> on 2002/07/11 04:08:00 UTC

xerces clashing with xmlc

Sigh, need some help again.

JAMES currently utilizes xerces.jar in its operation and one of the SDK I use to develop my application uses xmlc.jar.  The current setup is that the mailet I wrote will extract the attachment from a specific sender (which is already done thanks to all your help) and post-process the image with another class which is developed with another SDK.  Just when I thought everything would rock and roll, it seems the two jars clashed with each other and hung the mailet execution, no error message, no CPU consumption, no nothing.  The image processing class runs well as a standalone class, but hangs the mailet process when the class is called within the mailet.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can get out of this situation?  I know in VB, I can use shell to call an external script.  Is there a similar way in Java to call the class externally to avoid clashing?  Even so, I don't think this is a good way of doing things.  Is there any other "proper" ways to resolve this situation?

Pat