Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu> on 2015/01/22 16:50:22 UTC

removing the proton driver API

I just noticed that dispatch seems to have it's own copy of driver.c now. I
think that means the driver API is now dead code as messenger, the new
reactor stuff, etc all use the newer selector API.

Is anyone else using/aware of anyone using this code in anyway? I would
like to at a minimum deprecate it for 0.9, and preferably remove it
entirely if it is in fact currently unused.

--Rafael

Re: removing the proton driver API

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
Yes, those are part of the driver API.

--Rafael

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2015-01-22 at 10:50 -0500, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> I just noticed that dispatch seems to have it's own copy of driver.c now. I
> think that means the driver API is now dead code as messenger, the new
> reactor stuff, etc all use the newer selector API.
>
> Is anyone else using/aware of anyone using this code in anyway? I would
> like to at a minimum deprecate it for 0.9, and preferably remove it
> entirely if it is in fact currently unused.

I'd be in favor of completely removing the driver code if it is not
used, as we're still planning to make API changes for 0.9 but make it
significantly more stable after it is released.

Andrew