Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/29 10:02:23 UTC

Asynchronous tree

Hi,

Is there any wicket tree component which loads its children nodes
asynchronously ie after expanding a branch - children are loaded with ajax?
I need this in order to prevent the long initial delay, caused by loading
all the nodes.
In the examples I saw, all the child nodes were loaded at the beginning.

Bilgin Ibryam

Re: Asynchronous tree

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Bilgin,

I'm currently experimenting with something similar in wicket-tree:

http://code.google.com/p/wicket-tree/source/browse/trunk/wicket-tree-examples/src/main/java/wickettree/examples/TimeoutPage.java

Perhaps it gives you a start. Try it out here:
   http://wicket-tree.appspot.com/future

Feedback is welcome.

Regards

Sven