Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Nuutti Kotivuori <na...@iki.fi> on 2004/03/12 21:00:38 UTC

[OT] problems in mail reception from tigris

Will be debugging this further later on, but:

If we skip the timezone differences, we see that the mail for the
mailinglist was stuck at tigris.org for almost two hours, before being
relayed to the next machine in question.

Yet this does not definitely happen to all mails, only a certain
portion of them. It is hard for me to say, but atleast 10% of the list
mails are delayed for an hour or two before being delivered.

Grumble, time to dig.

-- Naked

Re: [OT] problems in mail reception from tigris

Posted by Nuutti Kotivuori <na...@iki.fi>.
Ben Reser wrote:
> You sure they aren't messages that required moderator approval?

Well, unless Karl Fogel has begun moderating himself, which I am not
at all certain that he hasn't, yes.

Also, I often get the replies of mails before the mails themselves -
so a lot of people manage to see the mails before I do and I manage to
see their replies an hour before the original mail gets through.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken

Re: [OT] problems in mail reception from tigris

Posted by Nuutti Kotivuori <na...@iki.fi>.
Just FYI, the problem has not been resolved, but has been pinpointed
at my ISP. So this ended up being entirely my problem and should not
affect anyone else.

Thanks for your time.

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
I'm looking at the logs now.  There is not a problem on the tigris.org
side, but with delivery to iki.fi.  I'll reply in more detail off-list.

	Brian