Posted to user@spark.apache.org by g...@magalhaes.lu on 2023/04/23 14:54:10 UTC

State of GraphX and GraphFrames

Hello,

I am currently doing my Master thesis on data provenance on Apache Spark and would like to extend the provenance capabilities to include GraphX/GraphFrames. I am curious what the current status of both GraphX and GraphFrames is. It seems that GraphX is no longer being updated (but still supported) as noted in the excellent High Performance Spark book by Rachel Warren & Holden Karau. As for GraphFrames, it also seems that it is in a similar situation seeing that the pace of commits to the repo <https://github.com/graphframes/graphframes> has also been quite low over the last years.

Could anyone enlighten me on what the current state of graph processing is in Apache Spark?

Kind regards,
Gilles Magalhaes