Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2019/01/21 11:15:20 UTC

JDK 12 enters Rampdown Phase Two

  Hi Stefan/Jaikiran,

**OpenJDK builds *- JDK 12 Early Access build 28 **is now available **at
: - jdk.java.net/12/*

  * Per the JDK 12 schedule [1], we are now in Rampdown Phase Two.
      o For more details , see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing
        list [2]
      o The overall feature set is frozen, no further JEPs will be
        targeted to this release.
      o Per the JDK Release Process [3] we now turn our focusto P1 and
        P2 bugs.

**OpenJDK builds *- JDK 13 Early Access build 4 is **now available **at
: - jdk.java.net/13/*

  * These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Release Notes:
      o http://jdk.java.net/13/release-notes
  * Changes in this build
    <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/log?rev=reverse%28%22jdk-13%2B3%22%3A%3A%22jdk-13%2B4%22-%22jdk-13%2B3%22%29>

Blog Updates from Java SE Product Management since last email.

  * Oracle Java SE Releases FAQ [3]
  * Oracle Java SE Support Roadmap [4]

Rgds,Rory

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/12/#Schedule
[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-January/002537.html
[3] https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/oracle-java-se-releases-faq
[4] https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/java-se-support-roadmap.html

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: JDK 12 enters Rampdown Phase Two

Posted by Dalibor Topic <da...@oracle.com>.
Thank you, Jaikiran - that's great!

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | D-22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697

Re: JDK 12 enters Rampdown Phase Two

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Dalibor,

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Dalibor,

Posted by Dalibor Topic <da...@oracle.com>.

On 23.01.2019 08:56, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> Our Ant testsuite against this EA version of JDK 13 has passed fine on
> Linux. However, one of our other projects within the Ant umbrella has
> shown an issue with the Jacoco library usage (which internally uses ASM
> library). Narrowing this down to a simple standalone Java program has
> shown that this version of Java isn't compatible with ASM 7.0. It runs into:
>

> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 57
>      at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:184)
>      at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:166)
>      at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:152)
>

> while trying to instrument a class compiled with that JDK 13 EA build. I
> haven't yet had a chance to see if there's a newer version of ASM which
> works against this version, but my quick checks haven't shown any newer
> versions.

Hi Jaikiran,

the changes for experimental support of JDK 13 bytecode have just gone
into jacoco, per https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/pull/835 .

cheers,
dalibor topic

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Rory,

On 21/01/19 4:45 PM, Rory O'Donnell wrote:
>  Hi Stefan/Jaikiran,
>
> **OpenJDK builds *- JDK 12 Early Access build 28 **is now available
> **at : - jdk.java.net/12/*

Our testsuite on Linux with this EA version of of JDK 12 has passed fine
without issues. Haven't had a chance to test on Windows yet.