Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Archibald <ar...@gmx.net> on 2018/03/01 12:56:35 UTC

Re: MessageGroup behavior

I'm struggling with a similiar problem:

I have one producer sending event messages.
I have a couple of different consumers which shall react on those events.
Producer is not aware of any consumers and as such publishes events to a
topic.
The broker is configured with diverts which split and forward events to
dedicated consumer queues.

Those events are related to an asset and I want the consumers to process
events for the same asset one by one.

First try:
Producers uses JMSXGroupID on the message being send to the topic. But the
message is only being delivered to one of the consumer queues (and one
particular consumer).

Second try:
The producer sends message without JMSXGroupID. I've configured a
transformer on each divert which adds the JMSXGroupID property. But it seems
that at this stage the property is being ignored by Artemis.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Archibald

Re: MessageGroup behavior

Posted by Archibald <ar...@gmx.net>.
Agree.
Sorry for that.

Br, A.

Re: MessageGroup behavior

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I believe the original author on this thread was using 5.x, but you're
using Artemis so it might be best to start a new thread.  In any event,
it's generally not good manners to hijack someone else's thread with your
own issue.  It usually confuses the original issue and delays resolution
for the thread's author.

Justin

Re: MessageGroup behavior

Posted by Archibald <ar...@gmx.net>.

Re: MessageGroup behavior

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Don't topic consumers process messages one by one by default?

Tim