Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by le...@email.arizona.edu on 2008/04/08 19:25:42 UTC

T4.1.5 / BeanForm 0.7 - component throws exception during render

Hi,

I'm working in Tapestry 4.1.5 trying to get some edit pages using BeanForm.  I
noticed that there seems to be a version 0.8 of BeanForm out there somewhere.
But the sourceforge website downloads only has 0.7 available.

I followed the walkthrough (provided on the BeanForm's site under 'Component
Reference') and was getting the runtime application exception:

Exception: Unable to lookup $BeanFormButtons_9: $BeanFormButtons_9

Then I remembered that I forget to persist the pojo on session.  And the runtime
application exception changed to this:

Exception: Unable to lookup $BeanFormButtons_31: $BeanFormButtons_31

So I went back to the walkthrough and checked off that I did all the steps.

Then I did that silly thing when I'm stumped - I googled for the two exceptions
I was getting and came across a message to this list:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:uI3GqdsRdG8J:mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200708.mbox/%253CC2C75972-4DF6-41EF-80F8-0D2AEBF04F9F%40gmail.com%253E+Exception:+Unable+to+lookup+%24BeanFormButtons_31:+%24BeanFormButtons_31&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a
(I'm linking to the Google Cache because I couldn't get the Apache Lists site to
load)

I appear to be having the same problem that Goeff Callender was getting (e.g.
that my stack trace looks like his, and that I had gotten each of the Exception
messages mentioned in the post).

I wasn't able to see a solution to this.  I've been on Tapestry list for a week
and I see how accurately and quickly questions are answers - so I figured there
has to be a solution (and it's likely something silly and stupid on my part).

Does anyone remember the resolution to this?

Thanks!

Andy

/****************************************
 * @author:  Andrew Lenards
 * @email:   lenards@email.arizona.edu
 * @title:   Systems Programmer, Principal
 * @project: Tree of Life Web Project
 * @website: http://tolweb.org/
 * @dept:    Dept. of Entomology
 * @school:  University of Arizona
 * @geo-loc: Tucson, AZ 85721

T5: PageTester example broken

Posted by "Zheng, Xiahong" <Xi...@FMR.COM>.
Example fails to compile due to the missing "Element.getChildText()"
method. It's probably removed from 5.0.11 release. What is the
replacement for this method?

Re: T4.1.5 / BeanForm 0.7 - component throws exception during render

Posted by le...@email.arizona.edu.
Thank you Andreas!

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:25 PM,  <le...@email.arizona.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm working in Tapestry 4.1.5 trying to get some edit pages using BeanForm.  I
>  noticed that there seems to be a version 0.8 of BeanForm out there somewhere.
>  But the sourceforge website downloads only has 0.7 available.
>
>  I followed the walkthrough (provided on the BeanForm's site under 'Component
>  Reference') and was getting the runtime application exception:
>
>  Exception: Unable to lookup $BeanFormButtons_9: $BeanFormButtons_9
>
>  Then I remembered that I forget to persist the pojo on session.  And the runtime
>  application exception changed to this:
>
>  Exception: Unable to lookup $BeanFormButtons_31: $BeanFormButtons_31
>
>  So I went back to the walkthrough and checked off that I did all the steps.
>
>  Then I did that silly thing when I'm stumped - I googled for the two exceptions
>  I was getting and came across a message to this list:
>
>  http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:uI3GqdsRdG8J:mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200708.mbox/%253CC2C75972-4DF6-41EF-80F8-0D2AEBF04F9F%40gmail.com%253E+Exception:+Unable+to+lookup+%24BeanFormButtons_31:+%24BeanFormButtons_31&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a
>  (I'm linking to the Google Cache because I couldn't get the Apache Lists site to
>  load)
>
>  I appear to be having the same problem that Goeff Callender was getting (e.g.
>  that my stack trace looks like his, and that I had gotten each of the Exception
>  messages mentioned in the post).
>
>  I wasn't able to see a solution to this.  I've been on Tapestry list for a week
>  and I see how accurately and quickly questions are answers - so I figured there
>  has to be a solution (and it's likely something silly and stupid on my part).
>
>  Does anyone remember the resolution to this?
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  Andy
>
>  /****************************************
>   * @author:  Andrew Lenards