Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/10 03:03:22 UTC

[M1] Status for modello / maven-model / m1-core

Hi guys,

  Since some days I'm working on modello / maven-model / m1-core.
  Here is the current status. If you have some comments ... feel free

Modello
  To resolve relative entities in the POM (to keep the compatibility with
maven 1.0.x) I had to update the STAX-RI plugin to add a new read method (
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MODELLO-77) with a path as parameter
(instead of a stream).

Modello plugin for maven 1.
  I updated the maven-modello-plugin for m1 to use the latest versions of
modello.
  I also updated (created) a documentation for it :
  http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/modello/
  If some of you can take some minutes to review it (my english particularly
;-) )
  I'm not sure, but it could be possible when we'll release it to move it
out from the sandbox ? It could be a new plugin in the m1 distribution, even
if I'm not sure that it will have a lot of users ;-) (Note that this is a
really little plugin to maintain)

Maven-model
  I built the documentation from modello :
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/maven-model/3.0.2-SNAPSHOT/maven.html

  The problem is that we manually updated the previous documentation build
from the model by Brett.
  I propose that now we always use (as in m2) the documentation (and the
site) generated by modello.
  We'll update the model documentation if necessary.
  We have to fix in the maven.mdo the documentation which was updated in the
generated xdoc and not in the real model.
  I attached the patch which lists changes from the previous generation.
  The problem is to merge changes in links and in some comments for m1.
  In a modello model we can't have some notes for a given version of the
model ?

  I continue to test m1 with the new model which uses a stax reader/writer.

Arnaud

RE: [M1] Status for modello / maven-model / m1-core

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.
For a quick "opinion ASAP", I did a quick review of the pages, and they look
pretty good.  When I can review more in-depth, I may suggest some additional
info/clarifications and writing changes on the site docs.

My initial suggestion on the Overview page is that I would like a link to an
example/real page of each of the potential items that it can generate to
help the reader understand what they could get when using it.  Of course,
for starters, use the POM reference page as one.

Sorry, but I would like to have your opinion ASAP.
My holidays are ended at the end of this week and I want to finish as much
tasks as possible before.

Arnaud

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
ping ??