Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adrian Shum <tc...@taifook.com> on 2008/08/29 12:24:05 UTC

About Multi-module site generation

Dear all,

I am trying to use maven site feature for my multi-module project.

Here is my project structure

myproj/
  + myproj-parent/
  + myproj-main/
  + myproj-web/
  + myproj-ear/

There are 5 POMs in total.
myproj/pom.xml is a simple POM which only define the 4 sub project as
module.

myproj-parent is the parent project (which defines dependencies
management etc)
for the other 3 project.
myproj-main, myproj-web and myproj-ear is JAR, WAR and EAR project
accordingly,
and all of them inherit myproj-parent POM.

1)  I tried to run "mvn site" , "mvn clean install site" and also "mvn
site:stage" in myproj.
The generated site in myproj only contains info on myproj.  No link to
sub-project
under "Module" in the left panel.

I have no special configuration in POM for the site generation.  Do I
need to do
something to make an aggregated site?

2)  Is that the built artifact will be put under the site?  I have
checked the target/site
(or target/stage if I use site:stage), my JAR/WAR/EAR is not present in
it.  Do I need
some configuration to achieve this?

I am using maven 2.0.9.  I have put pluginManagement in my POMs in order
to use
maven-site-plugin 2.0-beta-5, beta-6 and beta-7.  All produce same
result.

Thanks

Adrian

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. Taifook Securities Group, its group companies and their content providers ("Parties") shall not be responsible for the accuracy or completeness of this email or its attachment, if any, which could contain virus, be corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, intercepted, lost or arrive late.   The Parties do not accept liability for any damage caused by this email.

Re: About Multi-module site generation

Posted by David Roussel <na...@diroussel.xsmail.com>.

Adrian Shum wrote:

> 1)  I tried to run "mvn site" , "mvn clean install site" and also "mvn
> site:stage" in myproj.
> The generated site in myproj only contains info on myproj.  No link to
> sub-project
> under "Module" in the left panel.
>
> I have no special configuration in POM for the site generation.  Do I
> need to do
> something to make an aggregated site?

Try putting this in your site.xml:
		<menu ref="parent" inherit="bottom" />

For more info see:
 -
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/sitedescriptor.html
 - http://www.sonatype.com/book/reference/site-generation.html

Adrian Shum wrote:

> 2)  Is that the built artifact will be put under the site?  I have
> checked the target/site
> (or target/stage if I use site:stage), my JAR/WAR/EAR is not present in
> it.  Do I need
> some configuration to achieve this?

The built artifact is not put under target/site.  If you run 'mvn install'
your artifact will be in target, and if you run 'mvn deploy' it will be
uploaded to your repo, if your pom is confifured correctly.  See the manve
book for more info.

Thanks

David