Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/12 17:31:17 UTC

[drlvm][startup] M5 is coming: like Tony, I have created a Wiki page, but my list is much smaller

Hello Natalya (Naumova), Aleksey (Shipilev), Alexey (Varlamov), Pavel
(Pervov), all,
There are six JIRA issues [1] which contain patches and just waiting
for your comments. Could you please spend few minutes before M5 and
look through (and may be commit or close) them? Thank you in advance!

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Startup_Performance

--
With best regards,
Alexei

Re: [drlvm][startup] M5 is coming: like Tony, I have created a Wiki page, but my list is much smaller

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
re: HARMONY-5280 ([startup][performance] uncompressed bootstrap jars)

What is the speed-up in start time for this proposed change?
The footprint size delta of 95Mb -> 133Mb seems quite large.

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Aleksey Shipilev <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Alexei!

I will look into delayed recompilation issue: there should be
refactoring and adaptive delaying - I will try to estimate whether I
could finish it before M5.

Thanks,
Aleksey.