Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/19 16:19:28 UTC

Re: OutOfMemoryError with boolean queries

Robert,

I'm moving this to lucene-user, which is a more appropriate list for
this type of a problem.
You are not saying whether you are using some of those handy -X (-Xms
-Xmx) command line switches when you invoke your application that dies
with OutOfMemoryError.
If you are not, try that, it may help.  I recall a few other people
reporting the same problem and using -Xms and -Xmx solved their
problem.

If your machine doesn't have the RAM it needs this won't help, of
course :)

Otis