Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/12 03:53:38 UTC

Transition to mahout-collections as an independent component

Fellow Mahout developers and Mahout users who check out from svn:

We are in the middle of loosening the connection between
mahout-collections and the rest of mahout, in order to make it easier
for folks to use collections by itself and to allow collections to
develop its own release rhythm.

For the moment, the rest of mahout is set to depend upon version
1.0-SNAPSHOT of mahout-collections. There is a deployed snapshot in
the standard Apache snapshot repo.

You can get dependency by running 'mvn' in the collections directory,
which will build a snapshot and put it in your local repository, or by
adding the Apache snapshot repository to your environment (if it's not
there already).

A release vote is open for mahout-collections-1.0. Once that version
is released, the POMs for the rest of Mahout will change to point to
the 1.0 release of collections.

Re: Transition to mahout-collections as an independent component

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
No. I took the <module/> element out of the top level. I don't think
we will like what happens if the top-level project points down to
collections but the collections project doesn't point back up to it.

When we go TLP, it will no longer be nested inside at all.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.