Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Will Hartung <wi...@msoft.com> on 2001/03/01 19:19:12 UTC

Flattening copy task for EJBs?

After a stuttering start, I'm using the 1.3beta2 ejbtask, which seems work
wonderfully. This is MUCH faster than using Visual Cafe. In VC we had all of
the beans dumped into one jar, which meant that every minor change meant
rebuilding the entire thing. This took FOR EVER. Now, we have them in a
bean-per-jar. This is MUCH faster. I like the turn around for a one line
change going to 15 seconds from 7.5 minutes.

Anyway, the ejbtask dump the jar into a /the/long/arduos/vebose/package/path
tree.

I'd like to dump all of the EJBs into a single directory.

Now, I could easily just copy the beans, but I was wondering if there was
some kind of flattening copy task where I can find all of the jars in a tree
and copy them to a single directory.

Minor thing, not a show stopper, just curious.

Thanx for all the hard work folks, it's appreicated.

Best Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)

Re: Flattening copy task for EJBs?

Posted by Albert Regner <ar...@bejug.org>.
I guess the "flatten" attribute of copy task is what you're looking for.
Try something like this:
--
<copy todir="${deploydir}/tmp" flatten="yes">
  <fileset dir ="${builddir}/">

Albert

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Will,

Add the attribute flatdestdir="true" to the ejbjar task.

Conor