Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Edward Siewick <es...@digipro.com> on 2013/02/23 06:05:56 UTC

Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

Hi.

I need some guidance on getting the basic service working. I'm working
through the "Run Syncope in real environments" example. I can't sort out
how to:

"Optionally, define a datasource for internal storage (following example
is for MySQL): please check that the connection parameters are same as
configured above."

for postgres. At least, I *think* this is the issue that's causing:

23:08:26,245 |-INFO in
org.apache.syncope.core.audit.JNDIFallbackConnectionSource@2f7fc44f -
DataSource obtained from java:comp/env/jdbc/syncopeDataSource

23:08:26,245 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.db.JNDIConnectionSource@6d3136e5 -
Looking up [java:comp/env/jdbc/syncopeDataSource] in JNDI

23:08:26,250 |-WARN in
ch.qos.logback.core.db.JNDIConnectionSource@6d3136e5 -
Could not discover the dialect to use.
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException:
Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
23:08:26,268 |-ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.spi.Interpreter@34:14 -
RuntimeException in Action for tag [appender]
java.lang.IllegalStateException:
DBAppender cannot function if the JDBC driver does not support
getGeneratedKeys method *and* without a specific SQL dialect

However, if I adjust the offered example <Resource ... /> to postgresql
at tcp/5432, paste it in to
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml, I just get a slew of errors from tomcat
of the following sort:

INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor
/etc/tomcat7/Catalina/localhost/manager.xml
Feb 22, 2013 11:44:23 PM org.apache.catalina.core.NamingContextListener
addResource
WARNING: Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException: Could
not load resource factory class [Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory]

Thanks,

Edward Siewick