Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by bsnively <bs...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/10 13:49:47 UTC

Setting up Bloom filter on created/populated table

I am trying to test out a POC using HBase -- and am trying to add a bloom
filter to a table that already exists.

The way I'm trying to add it seems to keep complaining in the hbase shell --
and I can find any detailed steps of what I'm doing wrong.

I was trying to do alter 'eventTable', {BLOOMFILTER => 'ROW'} and different
variations of that.

Any help on how to create a bloom filter on a table that already exists --
with a large amount of data in it?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Setting up Bloom filter on created/populated table

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:49 AM, bsnively <bs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to test out a POC using HBase -- and am trying to add a bloom
> filter to a table that already exists.
>
> The way I'm trying to add it seems to keep complaining in the hbase shell --
> and I can find any detailed steps of what I'm doing wrong.
>
> I was trying to do alter 'eventTable', {BLOOMFILTER => 'ROW'} and different
> variations of that.
>
> Any help on how to create a bloom filter on a table that already exists --
> with a large amount of data in it?

Paste the exception.

You should be using 0.92.0 if you want to mess w/ blooms I'd say.

St.Ack