Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jean-François Daune <jf...@cigersoft.be> on 2007/09/17 16:00:05 UTC

jaxws:endpoint and wsdlLocation

Hi,

I cannot manage to configure properly a JAX-WS endpoint using servlet transport in Tomcat 5.5 with a custom WSDL:

<jaxws:endpoint
            id="BackOffice"
            implementor="#backOfficeService"
            address="/erh/backoffice"
            wsdlLocation="WEB-INF/backoffice.wsdl">
        <jaxws:features>
           <bean class="org.apache.cxf.feature.LoggingFeature"/>
        </jaxws:features>
</jaxws:endpoint>

Generates: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\tools\apache-tomcat-5.5.25\bin\WEB-INF\backoffice.wsdl

What should I put in 'wsdlLocation' ?

Cheers,

J-F

Re: jaxws:endpoint and wsdlLocation

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
Hi

The cxf-servlet.xml[1] is came form the RI's endpoint.xml which just
describe the jaxws front end endpoint's information, you need to write
it by yourself.
It has nothing to do with the spring context listener which will try to
load the spring context before the CXF servlet is initiated.
Just for your question , because CXF servlet already set up the servlet
transport after it (CXF servlet) is initiated, you is no need to import
the servlet transport configuration cxf-servlet.xml [2] in the endpoint
decription file[1].
Although they are all  cxf-servlet.xml , but one is for the servlet
transport configuration , the other is  for the endpoint information.

If you take a look at these two different cxf-servlet.xml, you will know
the mail said.

[1]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/systests/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/servlet/cxf-servlet.xml
[2]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/transports/http/src/main/resources/META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml

Willem.