Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Yaron Ruckenstein <ya...@mobilitec.com> on 2002/12/02 19:36:24 UTC

PropertyFile & Echo tasks help needed

Hi,

I'm trying to use these "exactly what I needed" tasks,
and I have some minor problems that I hope someone can
help me to solve:

1. Where can I learn about the syntax of the "pattern"
   in the propertyfile task ? I'm trying the format the
   date to look like 02DEC2002

2. When I use the echo task to write to a file, I need
   to insert new line between the lines. Since the "\n"
   is not supported, I need to add something like this:
	<echo file="${project.dir}/inst/version.txt" append="true">
	</echo>
   because I have tabs and spaces, I get the text in the new
   line but not in the first column.

   Putting the </echo> on the beginning of the line solves this
   problem, but does not look nice in the xml file.

3. I was thinking of change the file with a regular expression,
   but \n \r \t where not consider as special characters.
   Is there a place where I can learn about the syntax of the
   ReplaceRegExp task (I'm using the jakarta-ORO).

Thanks, Yaron